Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Good Enough to Eat by Stacey Ballis

 Good Enough to Eat
Melanie Hoffman's husband dumps her for another woman who's big after she loses a lot of weight. She has her own restaurant that has healthy take out food that's actually satisfying. She ends up with a 20 something roommate, a complete stranger, named Nadia because of money issues because of the divorce. She even meets a man. Food is mentioned throughout the book. 

I liked this book. I'm greedy so anything having to do with food is good to me. Even though it was not all about food. It was about Melanie adjusting to her new life without a husband, her new body and new man. I liked how she and Nathan met. It was in a cute and weird way. Although I didn't like the ending, it was a good story. I would read it again. I would even go for a sequel to see how Melanie does with the new man and other stuff. She seemed like a real person because she was kind of crazy sometimes. Word of warning: Do not read this book when you're hungry. Have a snack with you when reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment